An exciting opportunity to join a games industry tech start-up as a part-time marketing assistant. The role will involve running and coordinating digital marketing activities to promote and advertise Mercuna’s software. The role will require being closely involved in the games development industry and a knowledge of games, particularly recent releases, will be essential.
- Contributing to and running the company’s social media presence on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Managing Google Ads campaigns
- Collecting and analysing data for website usage, Google Ads, SEO
- Assisting in creation of new marketing material
- Aid in keeping the company’s website up-to-date
- Performing SEO optimization on the company’s website
- Market research into the games industry, including trends and current game releases
The assistant will need to develop knowledge of the industry, our product and our customer base.
This job would suit someone with a demonstrable interest in the technical side of games development with a willingness to learn about B2B marketing in the games industry. Alternatively, the role would also suit a marketing student with a passion for the games industry. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate interest from both profiles.
- Passion and knowledge about computer games
- Interest in the technical aspects of game development
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Located in/near Edinburgh
- Experience/knowledge of B2B marketing
- Experience/knowledge of marketing channels, including Google Ads, SEO, Twitter and website design
- Experience running an organisation’s social media account
The role is for 1 day per week with an occasional requirement for 2 days per week, especially in the leadup to conferences. It will be based remotely initially, with eventually working at least 1-2 times a month at our office in CodeBase, Edinburgh.
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected], including the job title in the subject line.
The cover letter should include why you are interested in this role and evidence of how you meet the criteria of the role.
Closing date 26th September 2021